joyful feelings


Cy Twombly, Proteus, 1984

Things that make my heart glow: these beautiful thoughts, falling in love very slowly after a very long time not falling in love with anything at all, the blossoms that are blossoming, walking to work without a hat or gloves and not feeling my bones ache with cold. Seeing paintings by Yves Klein and Cy Twombly and Gerhard Richter in real, glorious life NOT on the internet, confined by screen. They are luminous and huge and I love that I didn't know, that I cried and felt like my chest might explode even though I am 28 and have seen "art" before it was different and special and there is only going to be more, in the future, and I am so excited about the future today.

3 comments:

  1. He is one of my favourite artists because of the impasto compositions. The disunity, the contortion. In reference to Eileen, my enjoyment is also Charlotte Perriand (architecture and photography).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you wrote here. the feeling of being overwhelmed by art or anything really when most times we're likely to be underwhelmed. precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! i was so happy when they did a gerhard richter retrospective at the pompidou. seeing art in original is always a treat!

    ReplyDelete